I wanted to do a little watercolouring (you can also use Distress Inks if you prefer. The Stamp Sets are from The Ton, which make amazing quality and beautiful stamps and dies!
1) First I cut the Watercolour paper 1 cm smaller than the card blank, and a piece of black cardstock 0.5 cm smaller than the card blank.
2) Next, take the Heart Background stamp, stamp it with versamark ink and stamp the Watercolour paper and then cover with the white embossing powder, gently tap off the excess powder and heat with a heat gun.
3) Colour the heart background as you choose using Watercolour paints, Aqua Markers or Distress Inks, set aside to dry.
4) Stamp the “love” Sentiment in versamark ink and apply black embossing powder, gently tap off the excess powder and heat with a heat gun.
5) Line up the “love” Sentiment Die and cut out the love stamp.
6) Use your tape runner and tape the back of the Watercolour paper, affix to the black card. Again, apply the take from the runner to the back of the black card and affix to the card blank.
7) Apply glue to the back of the cut out live Sentiment and affix to the centre of the Watercolour paper on a diagonal, choose another smaller Sentiment from the stamp set and apply below the love Sentiment in the bottom right of the card using black ink.
8) Apply Black diamanté embellishments to decorate the card.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this fun little project!
For this card you will need the following supplies:
Well, I’ve been busy lately with orders but have so many card design ideas buzzing around in my head that I have to pause now and then and do come colouring for them so that I can focus and get back on task. Below is what I had in my mind last night so I thought I would share my work in progress. The image is Haute Wedding by the Ton Stamps and has a coordinating die. When I get the project finished I will be sure to post it too!
I recently had a parcel of lovely “Happy Mail” from Crafter’s Companion with awesome new products to create with as part of their US Design Team (super fun!!)
On May 9th Crafter’s Companion will be on HSN with LOTS of amazing new products. The Today Special is a set of Dies that make a beautiful Circle pop out card. I received the set of the Circle Decorative Sentiment Dies that is an addition you can buy to go with the build a card set, so I decided to make something with those.
As you are probably gathering from my posts, I love sparkle, so I decided gold glitter card was where I would start.
2) I then placed the sentiment circle onto the cut out circle and ran that through my die cutting machine, next, weed out the bits from the die and set aside.
3) Use the next size up circle die and cut out a pale pink circle, take the next size up again and cut out a black circle. These dies leave a lovely stitched edge when they cut.
4) I then used a pair of fringe scissors to make a small fringe all around the outside edge of the black circle and adhered the pale pink circle on to the centre of the black fringed circle.
5) Adhere the gold Sentiment to the centre of the pink circle (I find Loctite gel super glue to work well at quickly setting the smooth backing of glitter card to the regular cardstock, as some regular crafting glues even if permanent can still not hold these two surfaces together when dry).
6) Cut out a 5.5″ square piece of background paper and stick to a 5.75″ square card blank (or and square size accordingly adjusted). Then using foam squares adhere your circle to the centre of the card, and voila, a quick and elegant card.
This particular paper had beautiful gold foiling on it so it compliments the gold glitter perfectly.