If you love colouring this Beautiful Bloom stamp set by Crafter’s Companion is the perfect one for you!
For this card I 1) first coloured the flower using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers in HB3, HB2 and HB1, and the leaves with DG4 and DG2 . After that the flower was cut out I added sparkle to the tips of the petals using the Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay pen.
2) Cut out a piece of black cardstock to 5″x5″ and used the using the Freestyle Stripes Background Stamp from The Ton, stamp onto the black card using VersaMark Ink, and silver embossing powder and the heat set with your heat gun.
3) Cut a piece of black Organza ribbon and attach to the center of the card, using foam squares then adhere the flower over top of the center of the ribbon then add black gems as you choose.
4) Cut a piece of black cardstock to 5.5″x5.5″ and affix the striped card to the black background using a double sided tape (my preference is always Crafter’s Companion double sided tape pen).
5) For the main card base cut a piece of black cardstock to 12″x6″, score at 3″ and 6″, fold at the 6″ score line,
6) then fold back the next score line.
7) Attach the Front card panel to the folded back flap .25″ in from all of the edges.
8) Cut a square of white paper 5″x5″, stamp a border on at and affix in the center of the inside panel of the card. 🙂
So I have been wanting to have a card suitable for all the times I am late sending cards 🙈 which is more than it should be!
the Jane’s Doodles Belated Birthday Stamp Set was PERFECT!
The turtles and snails are coloured using Illustrator and Spectrum Noir Markers
Until the end of the month Distress Oxide Re-Inkers are on sale for $5.00 tax included!
Exciting News!!! From This Friday, September 22, with every $20 purchase you will get a FREE copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine!!
So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
1) I applied some Stick It adhesive paper onto a piece of Aqua Card, place the die on top and ran it through my \die cutting machine.
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
So my mom is super talented! We were working ion this project together of an adorable baby quilt and these precious elephant stuffies. Make sure you tune in to TSC September 5 and 6 to see this and many awesome products from Janome Canada! The stunning fabric is from Camelot Fabrics.