I have had a few people ask me how to use masking paper so I’ve decided I would create a quick post showing you how I used it to preserve the stamped and coloured Gorjuss Girl in the centre of the card (yes, there has been a new release of Gorjuss Girl Stamps).
1) stamp your image onto the white side of the masking paper and the cut out the image.
2) Stick the masking paper over your image you want to protect.
3) Complete your background as you wish, for this card I used Distress Oxide Inks and Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens.
4) When your background is complete simply peel off the masking paper.
5) Once this was done, I set the circle aside and used the Triangle Turnabout Stamp by Concord & 9th to creat another part of the background (upcoming post on this stamp).
6) Mount the Triangle background to a pics of black card and onto a Fancy Card Blank by Crafter’s Companion (I chose to use a distress stamp on the card blank first).
7) Affix the card front to the card blank and decorate with circles cut from black glitter card stock, dew drops and a couple of bows.
2) I stamped the image again on Stamping Mask Paper, Cut it out and stick it over the coloured image.
3) Using Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke with my mini blending tool I inked up the background. I also used Distress Oxide Ink in Worn lipstick to add a hint of pink on the background.
4) Once the Background was finished I peeled off the masking paper and cut out the stitched rectangle using the Wonky Die Set by Avery Elle, add adhesive to the background by running it through your Xyron sticker maker.
6) Stick the border to a piece of silver glitter card using foam squares, and then remove the Xyron backing paper and stick the card front to the silver cardstock, then using your Crafter’s Companion Tape Runner to stick the whole thing to a card blank.
It is American Thanksgiving this weekend and Crafter’s Companion is having lots of giveaway’s including these lovely digital stamps (just click on the link) http://a.pgtb.me/2WsFmw
On my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MapleSyrupDesigns/ you will have an opportunity to win a $10.00 Gift Certificate for the Crafter’s Companion website (perk of being on the Design Team), AND, check out the following Design Team members blogs to have even more chances to win!!
Ok, pretty near all Spectrum Noir Markers are on SALE!!!!
Check out these limited time prices and pick up any remaining markers or sets you need, or start your collection at amazing prices! Make sure you check out the Spectrum Aqua Markers sold in 12 and 6 packs.
I am adding the Catherine Pooler Inks to a special Pre-Order section so you can get in line for them, there will be more coming so if they go on back order your order will ship as soon as stock replenishes.
I coloured this dragon ages ago, and decided it was time to make a card for him. I didn’t have a plan just decided to combine the sweet little dragon with a background I made the other day, some, I love unwinding and just creating as I go like this 😊😊