So, I’m totally not a plan ahead card maker…I know what stamp I want to use and it just goes from there. So I knew I wanted to use the Bunny Friends Stamp by Penny Black, but that is all I knew, but, I love how this one turned out!
- First I Stamped the Image using Catherine Pooler Midnight Black Ink, and then coloured using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers.
- I trimmed the card down to make even edge widths on the side and a decent amount left blank at the top.
- Who has the We R Memory Keepers Laser Square?! It is totally one of my favorite tools as my eyes never seem to see a straight line! So, I took the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Big Birthday die, lined it up, stuck it down with a little washi tape and ran it through my Gemini Junior.
- Once this is done, I cut a piece of acetate to size and adhered to the back of the cut out letters using my Nuvo Medium Glue Pen (let it sit for a few seconds to become nice and tacky before you stick down the acetate.
- Make a border around the back side of the letters with foam tape, and fill the enclosed are with sequins, cover over with a second piece of acetate (or white card).
- Using tape runner at the top and a few pieces of foam tape at the bottom stick the card front down onto a slightly larger piece of white cardstock, voila…Happy Birthday Bunnies!!
Hope you have enjoyed! Supply List Below:
From today until Wednesday, ALL Craftin’ Desert Divas products (current stock only) is 10% off!!! Use code: CDDROCKS in the checkout to get your discount!
SHOP ALL CRAFTIN’ DESERT DIVAS HERE
I had a lot of fun making this card! It totally evolved and ended up nothing like I had originally planned (which is a common occurrence for me!)
I have been waiting for a while to use the Pattern Play – Circle Stamp Set from Altenew, and it was well worth the wait!
1 – I inked up the Stamp in Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink, and stamped it onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock.
2 – using versamark ink and different colours of embossing powder I stamped down solid circles in a random pattern and then heat set.
3 – I adhered the circle background onto silver glitter card using Be Creative tape, and then stuck that onto a fancy card blank.
4 – The cat is from MFT Furever Friends Stamp Set and coloured using Spectrum Noir Markers, stick this onto a circle cut from gold glitter card stock and adhere to the bottom left of the circle backdrop using foam squares.
5 – Stamp the sentiment using Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink and adhere with foam squares.
6 – The final step is to Stamp the paw prints in the unicorn ink around the edge.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick little post!
– Pattern Play Circle Stamp Set by Altenew
– Furever Friends Stamp Set by MFT
– Fancy Card Blanks
– Embossing powder in Gold, Rose Gold, Silver and White
– Silver and Gold Glitter Cardstock
– Hero Hues Unicorn Pigment Ink
– Be Creative Tape
– Midnight Ink Pad by Catherine Pooler
– Stamp Platform by Tim Holtz
Hello Crafty friends! Colleen Tyler here from Maple Syrup Designs for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
In today’s post I am going to show you how to make extra (not to mention super fun) use of your stencils. For many people when you think of stencils you things of inking through them, but for this project I ran stencil with my card through my Gemini to emboss a sweet background. you can thing distress ink over the embossed are, however, the look I wanted for this card was to leave it all white so that there was a bit more colour pop around it.
1) Layer your stencil in your die cutting machine with the embossing mat for the best result and simply run it through the machine to get the detail embossed onto your card stock. At this point it you wanted to add distress ink to the embossed parts on the cardstock you totally could.
2) Next I layered the embossed background onto a slightly larger piece of green card, and then that on to a 6″x6″ card base using a permanent tape runner.
3) Colour the images using your favorite colouring medium, for me I use Spectrum Noir Markers. Once coloured cut our the images and mount on to the lower right hand corner using foam squares to give you card a little more dimension. Cut out a 2″ green circle and a 1.75″ white circle and adhere together, once this is done simply stamp your sentiment onto the circles and affix to the top left hand corner of the card (*if you get a slight gap in the stamping where the two colours of card meet, simply take a fine point black pen and fill it in).
4) Apply some Nuvo Jewel drops in “Key Lime” in random places on the card and voila, you’ve used your stencil outside of the box!!
Balloon Parade Stamp Set – Craftin’ Desert Divas
Nuvo Jewel Drops – Key Lime