Here is a fun card using the Garden Backdrop stamp from the latest Stamping Bella release and the Catastrophy Set from Art Impressions. My husband had the plates removed from his leg this week so I wanted to make a little card to make him laugh.
- For the background I stamped the Garden Scene onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock.
- Stamp the same scene onto some low tack masking paper and cut out, cover the fence to preserve the panels so that you can apply distress ink to the sky.
- Using Catherine Pooler ink in “Its a Boy” use your mini blending tool and blend the ink all over the sky area.
- Remove the masking paper and colour in the fence and ground with Illustrator markers.
- Stamp out the cat, colour with Illustrator markers and attach to the front of the card using a mini wobble spring.
- Stamp your sentiment in the top left corner.
- Cut out some clouds and glue in the sky area.
- Cut a piece of mirror card slightly larger and adhere the card front to it, attach all of this to a card blank.
There are so many funny stamps in this set that you could swap out to brighten someones day who just isn’t feeling the best!
Garden Backdrop Stamp – Stamping Bella
Catastrophy Stamp Set – Art Impressions
Illustrator Markers – Spectrum Noir
It’s a Boy Ink Pad – Catherine Pooler
Mini Ink Blending Tool – Ranger
Mirror Card – Crafter’s Companion