I have had this stamp set for ages and was determined to finally create something with it. I love foxes and though it was cute sitting in the package it would be so much cuter coloured!
So a cute little shaker card became the plan! Here are the steps and supply list at the end.
- Colour The fox using Illustrator Markers and set aside
- Cut out a 3.25″ square of white cardstock, ink up the Freestyle Stripes background stamp with Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink and stamp.
- Cut a 2″ circle from the center of the striped card where you will place your shaker pouch.
- Cut a slightly larger piece of black pearl cardstock, with a larger circle cut from the center and affix the striped card topper to this.
- On the backside of the black card, affix a square of clear acetate.
- Fill the shaker pouch with sequins and glue to the back of the card to cover the circle opening.
- Apply some foam tape along the edges of the back of the black card and glue onto a 4″ card blank.
- Affix the fox to the bottom right of the card front.
- Stamp the Banner, and Sentiments of choice inside the banner and add glue around the edges using a medium Nuvo Glue Pen, let dry tacky for about a minute and then apply gold gilding flakes, burnishing off the excess, cut out the banner.
- Apply to the top of the card over the shaker window using Foam tape or foam squares.
- Finally, embellish with some sequins in various places on the card front.
Here is a list of the supplies used:
- Hey Foxy Stamp Set – The Ton
- Hey Foxy Dies – The Ton
- Freestyle Stripes Background Stamp – The Ton
- Circle Shaker Pouch – MFT
- Black Pearl Shimmer Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Illustrator Markers: BO4, BO3, BO2, GB3, GB2, GB1
- Foam Tape Roll
- Tape Runner
- Midnight Ink Pad – Catherine Pooler
- 4″ square card blanks
- Medium Nuvo Glue Pen
- Gold Nuvo Gilding Flakes