So it is #maplesyrupmonday again! (I know, I know I have been terrible posing lately)
Laurie from It’s All Cut and Die and I introduced this fun little blog post a few weeks back, basically it is two crafty Canadian girls sharing our projects using different brands, different techniques, having fun, giving away prizes and hoping you will join in and play along!
Last post and this post is all about Water colouring with The Ton Stamps. We posted an opportunity for you to have various ways via both of our blogs etc to have chances to win a fabulous Stamp and Die set from the Ton (compliments of Maple Syrup Designs), and the winner will be announced at the end of this post.
For this weeks card, which was a quick and easy make I used the Sunflower Garden Cling Background Stamp by The Ton. (Supplies will be listed at the end of my post)
- Using your Stamp Platform, position your stamp and stamp onto watercolour paper using VersaMark Ink.
- Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and gently heat set.
- I used Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers and laid down the colour on my glass mat first and picked up the colours onto my water brush. I used Sunshine, Gold and Sunflower on the Petals and Bark on the Centre of the flower (I added a little extra depth using the Spectrum Noir Aqua Tint markers after the fact, but this could all be done with the Aqua Markers alone).
- Keep Layering the colour up until you get the depth and shades you like, let dry, or dry with your heat gun between colour layers.
- Use a little bit of the Aquamarine Aqua Marker with your water brush and fill in the background.
- Take your Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen and add a layer of Sparkle to all of the sunflower petals.
- Cut out your stamped and painted image and mount onto a piece of Matt Gold Mirror card that is slightly larger. I find that Sookwang Scor Tape is the best for adhering to watercolour cardstock.
- Cut a pice of white ribbon and add some tape runner to the back of the ribbon and the stick to the lower third of the card, making sure to wrap the ends around to the back of the card so that they are secure.
- Attach this to a card blank (you will likely need to make this yourself to suit the size you end up having for your card topper).
- Tie a bow and secure to the ribbon banding.
This Easy yet beautiful card will be suitable for many different occasions, you could add a sentiment to the card but I like the effect of having the Sunflowers the whole focus.
We really hope you will join in and leave comments (and follow) our blogs and Instagram and tag your makes using The Ton stamps with Watercolour with #maplesyrupmonday for a chance to be featured and you never know when we will randomly choose a card to give away a prize!
Laurie and I will be back on May 7th featuring makes using Stamping Bella stamps….yay!!!
Ok….so, I know you are all basically wondering who won This awesome Large Peony 5 Stamped and die set…….
……Carol (justmeclm.blogspot) You are the lucky winner! Send me an email to claim your prize!
We really hope you have enjoyed and will continue to join in!
Laurie’s Blog: www.itsallcutanddie.blogspot.ca
My Instagram: @maplesyrupdesigns
Laurie’s Instagram: @crazycardlady
- Sunflower Garden Cling Background Stamp – The Ton
- Watercolour cardstock
- VersaMark Ink
- Stamp Platform
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Sparkle Pen
- Gold Matt Mirror Card
- Sookwang Scor Tape
- Tape Runner
- Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers