So the last #maplesyrupmonday post was a little light spa here is another 🙂
For This card I have chosen the Stamping Bella “Uptown Zodiac Girl Virgo”. I am totally not. into the zodiac at all, but some of these stamps lend themselves very well to other purposes.
Here is a quick tutorial for this card:
- Cut a piece of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth cardstock and stamp your image.
- Colour Using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers in AP3, AP2 and AP1.
- To make the folds in the dress a made some dark “crease” areas with the AP3 and gradually blended out with AP2 and then AP1.
- Deepen the dark areas with AP3 and the blend all over with AP2 leaving slight highlights of the lightest AP1.
- Using a ColourBlend pencil in “geranium” deepen the shadows on the dress.
- Now don’t look to close at the hair as it was messed up, but I liked the rest of the card, so I went with it, it is also coloured with ColourBlend Pencils.
- In order to protect the image before distressing the background I used masking fluid on her hair as it was super think to cut out on masking paper.
- Stamp out the image in masking paper, don’t worry about the hair as you have the masking fluid, stick on top of your coloured image.
- Using a mini blending tool and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink apply ink onto the background.
- Apply a little Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink to the edges and then some Vintage Photo Distress ink along the edge as well.
- Peel off the masking paper and then use your finger to rub off the masking fluid.
- I used the “Heartfelt Sentiments” stamp set buy Altenew paired with “icing on the Cake” Ink by Catherine Pooler.
- Using a small flower stamp from the “Birds of a Feather” Stamp set by Catherine Pooler stamp randomly around the background using Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink.
Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!
Hello lovelies! Colleen Tyler here from Maple Syrup Designs for Craftin’ Desert Divas showing you my Ombre Background Using Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens.
These pens can be used on their own or brushed over with a damp paint brush to blend out like watercolours. They have a huge amount of mica in them which provides the best sparkle in a pen I have come across to date.
- Take a piece of watercolour cardstock and start by brushing on the Spiced Cherry Sparkle Pen in long strokes horizontally working up from the bottom of the cardstock.
- Now take your clear overlay sparkle pen and at the top of the where you stopped with the Spiced Cherry blending in with the clear. This will dilute the pigment and make a lighter pink. Continue to blend over the pink pulling the colour up the card, again in horizontal strokes until the pink fades to a vert light colour.
- Using a damp wide paint brush blend all over the card to smooth out the blending lines, dry with your heat gun.
4. Using the fancy frame die, cut out the largest scalloped rectangle.
5. Position the sentiment from the “Look For The Stars” stamp set and stamp in black ink in the top left of the card.
6. Colour the sweet little bear sleeping on the moon with coordinating colours (I have used Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers on SN Ultra Smooth card). Glue the bear onto the bottom right of the card.
7. Adhere to a card blank and add Nuvo Morning Dew Crystal Drops for effect.
I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial! This Ombre effect can be achieved in many ways, this is just my favourite, explore and experiment to find your favorite!
Just a heads up that at 9am the *NEW* Release from Catherine Pooler Designs will be live in the shop!!! 😊
Click on the Photo below to be taken directly to the Catherine Pooler section, happy shopping!
Well my plan to do another long post dedicated to Stamping Bella went right out the window! I was on holiday and had my dates mixed up, so here it is on the fly :)…..but that’s ok it just means there will be another one coming during the week!
So, Laurie from It’s All Cut and Die, and I promised a winner of a Stamping Bella Stamp set in our previous #maplesyrupmonday post, smithsaxon, it is YOU! Send me a message with your address and I will post a stamp set to you.
Here is a Quick video and some samples of me colouring the Stamping Bella “Set of Dragons” Stamp Set. Please Check out Laurie’s blog and leave us comment and subscribe to my blog for more posts, sales and giveaways!
Ok, so if you know me you know one of my all time favourite stamp companies is Stamping Bella! Their designs are adorable, fun, versatile and they have some pretty witty sentiments too!
I have a few cards to show you today and a mini tutorial for one of them, but of course if you ever want instructions to any of my cards just leave me a message and I will do up a tutorial for you 🙂
#maplesyrupmonday is a biweekly post that Laurie from It’s All Cut & Die and I started just for fun, to encourage you, help us all get use of your stamp sets, and of course the occasional give-away! We really hope you will play along and make some cards, simply post them on Instagram with the hashtag #maplesyrupmonday and you never know you may get picked to win a random prize 🙂
Prize you say……? OK! SO, there are a couple of ways to get your name entered to win a Surprise Stamping Bella Stamp Set:
- Follow/subscribe to both of our blogs, and leave a comment. If you comment on both blogs yo have double the chances to win (the draw will be random, so if you have won before you are still able to win again!)
- We will announce the winner on May 21st which will be our next blog post. Good LUCK!! 🙂
This Beauty is created using the “Courtney Loves Kitties” stamp set from the most recent release……so much fun!
The “Tiny Townie Garden Girl Daffodil” is PERFECT for the Spring 🙂 (matching die found here)
Now for a mini tutorial using another Stamp from the most recent release “Gnome Pile” and the “love Backdrop” which is also from Stamping Bella.
- Stamp the Love Backdrop Stamp on your cardstock.
- Stamp the love backdrop onto Stamp Masking Paper and cover the hill on the cardstock.
- Using your masking fluid pen colour in the hearts and the clouds, let dry.
- Apply clouds to the background using a stencil and Broken China Distress Oxide Ink, remove the masking paper on the hill.
- Using Cracked Pistachio ink the hill in.
- using your finger to apply light pressure, burnish the masking fluid off of the clouds and hearts, colour in.
- Colour your Gnomies using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers (or your favourite medium), cut out.
- Cut a square of pale blue glitter cardstock and adhere to your card blank.
- Trim up your card front and attach to the Glitter card.
- Attach the gnomes to the card front using foam squares.
- Stamp your sentiment.
- Apply dew drops in random places using Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew.
Gnome Pile Supplies:
….PLUS, for a chance to win a $15 Maple Syrup Designs gift certificate/coupon code, follow my blog and leave me a comment telling me your favourite Stamping Bella Stamp Set!
I am SOOOOO excited about these products because they are AMAZING!!! These are so fun and easy to use, grab these, some watercolour paper and you are set! They work brilliantly with stamps, embossing, sparkle pens, there are just so many techniques!
You can find the 7 sets HERE
These are a few projects that I have made with them, but will add links below for the official Crafter’s Companion Pinterest AquaTint Board for some more inspiration.
These will be shipping to you from Friday, so get them before they go!
Crafter’s Companion AquaTint Pinterest Board HERE
Projects on my Instagram HERE
For this card I used the following supplies from My Favourite Things:
I have a quick card for you today, which is an easy make when you meed a card quickly, yet still want something a little different!
For this card you will need to:
- Cut a piece of heavy white cardstock to 14.5cm x 11.5cm
- Cut a piece of white pearl cardstock to 15.2cm x 12.5cm
- Cut a piece of pink pearl cardstock to 16.2cm x 13.5cm
- make a piece of teal car measuring 17cm x 14cm
- Run the Smallest piece of card stock through you embossing machine, I use the Gemini Junior, using the Crafter’s Companion Textured Swirls 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in “Peony Pink” burnish gently onto the middle of the embossed card using your finger tip.
- Now blend in Nuvo Mousse in “Aquamarine” from the poink
- Finally Blend the Mousse in “Pacific Teal” near the edges.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and attach to the bottom 1/4 of the card, tie a bo and stick onto the ribbon band.
- Layer the card pieces up going from largest to the smallest embossed piece on the top, mount onto a card blank
You can ad a sentiment, but again, I tend to like the simplicity of background cards a lot of the time.