Hello lovelies! Colleen Tyler here from Maple Syrup Designs for Craftin’ Desert Divas showing you my Ombre Background Using Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens.
These pens can be used on their own or brushed over with a damp paint brush to blend out like watercolours. They have a huge amount of mica in them which provides the best sparkle in a pen I have come across to date.
- Take a piece of watercolour cardstock and start by brushing on the Spiced Cherry Sparkle Pen in long strokes horizontally working up from the bottom of the cardstock.
- Now take your clear overlay sparkle pen and at the top of the where you stopped with the Spiced Cherry blending in with the clear. This will dilute the pigment and make a lighter pink. Continue to blend over the pink pulling the colour up the card, again in horizontal strokes until the pink fades to a vert light colour.
- Using a damp wide paint brush blend all over the card to smooth out the blending lines, dry with your heat gun.
4. Using the fancy frame die, cut out the largest scalloped rectangle.
5. Position the sentiment from the “Look For The Stars” stamp set and stamp in black ink in the top left of the card.
6. Colour the sweet little bear sleeping on the moon with coordinating colours (I have used Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers on SN Ultra Smooth card). Glue the bear onto the bottom right of the card.
7. Adhere to a card blank and add Nuvo Morning Dew Crystal Drops for effect.
I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial! This Ombre effect can be achieved in many ways, this is just my favourite, explore and experiment to find your favorite!