So, I’m totally not a plan ahead card maker…I know what stamp I want to use and it just goes from there. So I knew I wanted to use the Bunny Friends Stamp by Penny Black, but that is all I knew, but, I love how this one turned out!
- First I Stamped the Image using Catherine Pooler Midnight Black Ink, and then coloured using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers.
- I trimmed the card down to make even edge widths on the side and a decent amount left blank at the top.
- Who has the We R Memory Keepers Laser Square?! It is totally one of my favorite tools as my eyes never seem to see a straight line! So, I took the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Big Birthday die, lined it up, stuck it down with a little washi tape and ran it through my Gemini Junior.
- Once this is done, I cut a piece of acetate to size and adhered to the back of the cut out letters using my Nuvo Medium Glue Pen (let it sit for a few seconds to become nice and tacky before you stick down the acetate.
- Make a border around the back side of the letters with foam tape, and fill the enclosed are with sequins, cover over with a second piece of acetate (or white card).
- Using tape runner at the top and a few pieces of foam tape at the bottom stick the card front down onto a slightly larger piece of white cardstock, voila…Happy Birthday Bunnies!!
Hope you have enjoyed! Supply List Below:
From today until Wednesday, ALL Craftin’ Desert Divas products (current stock only) is 10% off!!! Use code: CDDROCKS in the checkout to get your discount!
SHOP ALL CRAFTIN’ DESERT DIVAS HERE
I had a lot of fun making this card! It totally evolved and ended up nothing like I had originally planned (which is a common occurrence for me!)
I have been waiting for a while to use the Pattern Play – Circle Stamp Set from Altenew, and it was well worth the wait!
1 – I inked up the Stamp in Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink, and stamped it onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock.
2 – using versamark ink and different colours of embossing powder I stamped down solid circles in a random pattern and then heat set.
3 – I adhered the circle background onto silver glitter card using Be Creative tape, and then stuck that onto a fancy card blank.
4 – The cat is from MFT Furever Friends Stamp Set and coloured using Spectrum Noir Markers, stick this onto a circle cut from gold glitter card stock and adhere to the bottom left of the circle backdrop using foam squares.
5 – Stamp the sentiment using Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink and adhere with foam squares.
6 – The final step is to Stamp the paw prints in the unicorn ink around the edge.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick little post!
– Pattern Play Circle Stamp Set by Altenew
– Furever Friends Stamp Set by MFT
– Fancy Card Blanks
– Embossing powder in Gold, Rose Gold, Silver and White
– Silver and Gold Glitter Cardstock
– Hero Hues Unicorn Pigment Ink
– Be Creative Tape
– Midnight Ink Pad by Catherine Pooler
– Stamp Platform by Tim Holtz
Hello Crafty friends! Colleen Tyler here from Maple Syrup Designs for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
In today’s post I am going to show you how to make extra (not to mention super fun) use of your stencils. For many people when you think of stencils you things of inking through them, but for this project I ran stencil with my card through my Gemini to emboss a sweet background. you can thing distress ink over the embossed are, however, the look I wanted for this card was to leave it all white so that there was a bit more colour pop around it.
1) Layer your stencil in your die cutting machine with the embossing mat for the best result and simply run it through the machine to get the detail embossed onto your card stock. At this point it you wanted to add distress ink to the embossed parts on the cardstock you totally could.
2) Next I layered the embossed background onto a slightly larger piece of green card, and then that on to a 6″x6″ card base using a permanent tape runner.
3) Colour the images using your favorite colouring medium, for me I use Spectrum Noir Markers. Once coloured cut our the images and mount on to the lower right hand corner using foam squares to give you card a little more dimension. Cut out a 2″ green circle and a 1.75″ white circle and adhere together, once this is done simply stamp your sentiment onto the circles and affix to the top left hand corner of the card (*if you get a slight gap in the stamping where the two colours of card meet, simply take a fine point black pen and fill it in).
4) Apply some Nuvo Jewel drops in “Key Lime” in random places on the card and voila, you’ve used your stencil outside of the box!!
Balloon Parade Stamp Set – Craftin’ Desert Divas
Nuvo Jewel Drops – Key Lime
Hello Divas! Its Colleen here from Maple Syrup Designs with a fun Craftin’ Desert Divas project for you today making a marbled background.
I have recently started using a Gel Plate after a friend was telling me about the projects she had made with them, they are super fun to use and I am just discovering how they work with different mediums. This card was the first time I made a background using Distress Oxide Inks, I love the outcome and it was super easy!
To make this background you will need:
1 – A Gel Plate
2 – A Brayer
3 – Distress Oxide Inks (any colour combination that you like)
4 – 28lb Smooth printer paper
The First thing you will need to do is roll some ink onto the brayer, and then simply roll it onto the Gel Plate. Wipe off the brayer between colours and just keep rolling ink onto the Gel plate in any pattern you would like.
Once you have the plate inked up, take the piece of paper, lay it over the top of the plate and smooth the back of the paper with your hands and then peel up the paper.
The great thing about using Oxide Inks as opposed to paint is that the paper dries in like a minute!
Next I adhered the Inked background to a piece of white glitter paper and then onto a sheet of glimmery aqua cardstock. The weather Gnomes Set was Perfect for this background, so I coloured up one of the little figures, cut out some clouds and stuck them onto the card with foam squares.
Stamp The sentiment on the bottom left side of the card and use Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew to make little raindrops around the card.
I hope you have enjoyed!
Weather Gnome Stamp Set
Distress Oxide Inks
Nuvo Drops – Morning Dew
How adorable is this background stamp!? I have to say, the more Taylored Expressions Stamps I discover, the more I am falling in love with them.
The quality is phenomenal, they stamp brilliantly, and the designs will make you smile!
This stamp will not only be great for Valentine’s Day but all year long.
Below will be a list of the supplies o used to make this sweet little card.
Luv-a-Doodle Background Stamp – Taylored Expressions
Nuvo Gilding Flakes – Gold
Distress Oxide Inks: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
Mini Distress Ink – Picked Raspberry
White Embossing Powder
I bought these sets last year, and didn’t list them in time for Valentine’s Day, but they are SO MUCH FUN, and I couldn’t wait to start making projects with them this year.
I plan to make a suite of these fun little cards but have made a couple for now to show you how cute they are.
This stamp set is on a massive sale, so grab one while you can 🙂
Here are the supplies you will need:
Valentine Grumpling Stamp Set – Taylored Expressions
Catherine Pooler inks:
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Altenew Tiny Hearts Stamp Set
Avery Elle – Wonky Stiches Dies
Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Card stock (a must have for using alcohol markers)
Hello Everyone! It’s Colleen Tyler from Maple Syrup Designs here another blog post for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
Today I will be showing you how to add some dimension to your cards. There are many ways that you can add dimension to your cards, so I have chosen a few techniques that I use often to highlight as I walk you through the steps of this card.
- Stamp your image and colour using your preferred medium, for this card I have chosen to use Craftin’ Desert Diva’s Sparkle Stamp Set, stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and coloured using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers with the Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Pen.
2. Cut out a cloud template along the edge of a scrap piece of card. Using your mini blending tool and Distress Ink in Broken China Blend over the template edge onto the card, continue this process as you move the template all the way down the card. This adds a background layer of dimension to your card by adding depth. Stamp your sentiment in the bottom left of the card (leave enough room around the edge for a border).
3. Use a glue Pen and trace along the edges of the clouds, sprinkle on some Frosting Powder and heat set. When heat set the frosting powder raises up and becomes white and frosting looking adding texture and sparkle to the card.
4. Use the Inside Scalloped Square die to cut out a frame, add foam squares onto the back of the frame and adhere to the cloud base of the card.
5) Cut out the Unicorn and add a mini wobble Spring to the back. Both step 4 and 5 are quick and easy ways to add simple dimension to your card, and who doesn’t like the added fun of a wobble spring to a card?!
6. For the Final step of Dimension I have added some Nuvo Drops in “Morning Dew” dotted around the card. I hope you have enjoyed and look forward to seeing what you make!
Sparkle Stamp Set – CDD
Inside Scalloped Square Dies – CDD
Nuvo Drops – Morning Dew
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay Pen
It’s my birthday tomorrow, so to celebrate I am putting my favorite markers on sale until Sunday, January 28, 2018! You can get 20% off using code ITSMYBIRTHDAY at checkout!
I just wanted to show you a quick card that I have made using the NEW Party Border Dies by Craftin’ Desert Divas.
- I cut the fringe out using mauve paper and adjusted the colour tones using carious shades of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens.
- Using the MFT Cloud Stencil and Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac blend the ink to make a cloud backdrop using your Mini Blending tool.
- Colour your chosen stamp using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers and Clear Overlay Pens (HB3, HB2, and HB1) to match the fringe and cloud background.