So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
1) I applied some Stick It adhesive paper onto a piece of Aqua Card, place the die on top and ran it through my \die cutting machine.
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
So my mom is super talented! We were working ion this project together of an adorable baby quilt and these precious elephant stuffies. Make sure you tune in to TSC September 5 and 6 to see this and many awesome products from Janome Canada! The stunning fabric is from Camelot Fabrics.
Just thought I would share a few photos with you of some of the NEWLY stocked line of stamps from Craftin’ Desert Divas. They are ADORABLE and super awesome to use for the #thedailymarker30day challenge you will find on Instagram 😊 I will get these cuties into a card to post up here soon…I hope! These have all been coloured using Spectrum Noir Markers overlaid with Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils, both can be found in the shop section of my site.
For this card I used the new Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, which is very easy to work with.
I stamped the Pick Up Truck (dies also available) stamp by Honeybee Stamps onto both a piece of Spectrum Noir card and masking paper and the cut the truck from the masking paper and applied overtop of the truck stamped on the card. Repeat these steps for the pumpkins.
Once this is done you peel off the masking paper and can then colour the truck and pumpkins using Spectrum Noir Markers, and then the Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils to add even more shading and highlight depth.
The card is then mounted onto black card stock and then on top of silver mirror card that has been embossed (Embossing folder coming soon!), all these have then been mounted onto a card blank made from a sturdy white cardstock.
The Vellum sentiment is a new product to be released by Crafter’s Companion and the Dew Drops are by The Ton.
Hope you enjoy this card and feel free to message me with any questions!
For this card I started by using a circle Die and cutting out a large circle that would fit within the square card blank that I chose, I then inked my craft mat with Distress Oxides inks in: Wilted Violet, Broken China and Worn Lipstick, spritzed the ink with water and dabbed the circle cut out in to this. Next I used my heat gun to dry the ink while still spritzing with water to get the desired oxidation effect, set this aside.
Stamp out your Gorjuss girl stamp and the foxes, colour using Spectrum Noir Markers being sure to layer and shade. Once I finished colouring with the markers I went over the coloured images with my Pencils and further shaded and highlighted the images which make them “pop” even more.
I used the star stamps in the set to create a background, glued the circle on, and then stuck on the stamped images with foam squares.
For the sentiment I chose one from Jane’s Doodles, stamped in black and used clear Embossing powder over the top, added a few dew drops for effect and voila!
This sweet little card was made using the following: