These dies are awesome, you can cut 6 sheets of printer paper at a time which really speeds up projects, combine that with using the Gemini Die cutting machine and you are on a roll!
To build the flowers, I took 3 each of the 2 different petal sizes. After die cutting then ink up the stamps and place the petals into the stamps to apply the ink. Your next step is to watercolour the flowers in your choice of colour (now you need to be super careful as the wet printer paper becomes very delicate).
To speed up the process I used my heat gun to dry the flowers, before flipping the over and painting on the reverse.
As you know, I love sparkle so I then brushed over the petals with a clear glitter pen.
Glue up the flowers layering one on top of the other and once set, scrunch the petals together and shape to your liking. Repeat the whole process with the leaves and presto, you have gorgeous flowers to use for loads of different projects.
I wanted to do a little watercolouring (you can also use Distress Inks if you prefer. The Stamp Sets are from The Ton, which make amazing quality and beautiful stamps and dies!
1) First I cut the Watercolour paper 1 cm smaller than the card blank, and a piece of black cardstock 0.5 cm smaller than the card blank.
2) Next, take the Heart Background stamp, stamp it with versamark ink and stamp the Watercolour paper and then cover with the white embossing powder, gently tap off the excess powder and heat with a heat gun.
3) Colour the heart background as you choose using Watercolour paints, Aqua Markers or Distress Inks, set aside to dry.
4) Stamp the “love” Sentiment in versamark ink and apply black embossing powder, gently tap off the excess powder and heat with a heat gun.
5) Line up the “love” Sentiment Die and cut out the love stamp.
6) Use your tape runner and tape the back of the Watercolour paper, affix to the black card. Again, apply the take from the runner to the back of the black card and affix to the card blank.
7) Apply glue to the back of the cut out live Sentiment and affix to the centre of the Watercolour paper on a diagonal, choose another smaller Sentiment from the stamp set and apply below the love Sentiment in the bottom right of the card using black ink.
8) Apply Black diamanté embellishments to decorate the card.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this fun little project!
For this card you will need the following supplies:
– Card Blank
– White Embossing Powder
– Versamark Ink
– Heat Gun
– Black Ink
Well, I’ve been busy lately with orders but have so many card design ideas buzzing around in my head that I have to pause now and then and do come colouring for them so that I can focus and get back on task. Below is what I had in my mind last night so I thought I would share my work in progress. The image is Haute Wedding by the Ton Stamps and has a coordinating die. When I get the project finished I will be sure to post it too!
I recently had a parcel of lovely “Happy Mail” from Crafter’s Companion with awesome new products to create with as part of their US Design Team (super fun!!)
On May 9th Crafter’s Companion will be on HSN with LOTS of amazing new products. The Today Special is a set of Dies that make a beautiful Circle pop out card. I received the set of the Circle Decorative Sentiment Dies that is an addition you can buy to go with the build a card set, so I decided to make something with those.
As you are probably gathering from my posts, I love sparkle, so I decided gold glitter card was where I would start.
1) I matched up the circle Sentiment size with one of the Double Stitched Circle Dies from The Ton Stamps, and cut out the circle.
2) I then placed the sentiment circle onto the cut out circle and ran that through my die cutting machine, next, weed out the bits from the die and set aside.
3) Use the next size up circle die and cut out a pale pink circle, take the next size up again and cut out a black circle. These dies leave a lovely stitched edge when they cut.
4) I then used a pair of fringe scissors to make a small fringe all around the outside edge of the black circle and adhered the pale pink circle on to the centre of the black fringed circle.
5) Adhere the gold Sentiment to the centre of the pink circle (I find Loctite gel super glue to work well at quickly setting the smooth backing of glitter card to the regular cardstock, as some regular crafting glues even if permanent can still not hold these two surfaces together when dry).
6) Cut out a 5.5″ square piece of background paper and stick to a 5.75″ square card blank (or and square size accordingly adjusted). Then using foam squares adhere your circle to the centre of the card, and voila, a quick and elegant card.
To make this card I used a white card blank, a piece of water-colour paper cut to 13cm x 13cm. I applied a little bit of blue and green distress ink to a piece of waxed paper, spritzed it with water and sponged on the sky and grass. Once I was happy with the amount of colour I used a heat gun to speed up the drying time.
Using my We R Memory Keepers Precision Press I lined up the Stamping Bella “One of My Peeps” stamp and applied some black Ink. You then colour in the image using the coloured pencils of your choice and then again using the precision press line up the sentiment stamp and dry.
The next step was to dab the clouds on using the white glitter Wink of Stella pen (I like to use a mini pom-pom to do this).
I chose a white glitter card for the frame and then using the We R Memory Keepers Frame Punch Board cut out a 1/4″ frame to go around the water-colour paper, affixing it all using Crafter’s Companion Glue Tape. The finishing touch was to apply Dew Drops by the Ton Stamps (I am obsessed with these).
So, I’ve been out of the country for well over amonth, first on holiday, and then to say goodbye to a dear friend and love and support another.
I’ve been missing my craft studio, so will be spending a lot of time there in the weeks to come and have lots of projects to post!
Keep your eyes on the shop section as there will also be lots of new products coming in the next couple of months as well.
In some other exciting news, I am pleased to say that I am part of the 2017 Crafter’s Companion Design Team and with that will be running some specials to highlight some of my favourite products from them, this will be coming in April.
I will end this brief update with a few colouring projects I’ve been doing while getting over my jet lag, the Markers used are Spectrum Noir alcohol markers from Crafter’s Companion.
Today’s card, though a quick make is classically elegant.
The background stamp that I used was the Cherry Blossom Garden Background stamp by the Ton. I stamped the image on black cardstock using versamark and Rose Gold Embossing powder, also by the Ton.
I wanted a little more sparkle so using the We R Memory Keepers Frame Punch Board I created a perfect glitter backing using black cardstock. I love this tool as it makes a perfect frame and makes saving on card so much quicker and easier!
So, my husband broke his leg in two places last week (that’s a Welshman for you, trying to skate on our lake like a Canadian), so I’ve been pretty busy looking after him after his surgery, but I’ve finally had a chance to get back at making cards this morning!
For this Cute Little card I started with a 4″x4″ card blank, for the glitter frame I cut a piece of black glitter card stock to 3.75″x3.75″ and the used my We R Memory Keepers Frame Punch Board to make a 0.5″ thick frame out of it. On top of that I glued a 3.5″x3.5″ square piece of paper from the Papermania Capsule Geometric Mono 6″x6″ cardstack (which has beautiful gold foil designs on it!)
The Panda’s were then heat embossed with black embossing powder, die cut and then mounted onto the front using foam squares.
The hearts were cut out of red glitter cardstock using my Cricut Explore Air machine (available upon request).
Below is the list of items used: