Happy Monday!! My name is Colleen from Maple Syrup Designs! So, Laurie from www.itsallcutanddie.blogspot.ca and I have teamed up to bring you Maple Syrup Mondays (#maplesyrupmonday). Please check out her blog and give her a follow. We will also be linking these posts to our instagram and hope that you will join in and post/tag your creations to go along with the bi-weekly theme. You can comment on our blogs with links to your images or post them on Instagram with the #maplesyrupmonday, post all through the week and then every Monday we will give a repost.
There will even be an occasional prize, yay!……AND, since this is the first one we of course must give away a prize! 🙂
We will be giving one lucky participant a Large Peony 5 Stamp and Dies set by The Ton!!!!! All you need to do is leave a comment on each of our posts and you will be entered to win (Instagram counts, too just make sure you are a follower so we can see you!). We will announce the winner on April 23, which will be our next blog post. whoohoo!
Check Out the hashtag #maplesyrupmonday on Instagram, and if you make a project with today’s theme and post it with #maplesyrupmonday you will get an EXTRA chance to win!
So, for our first theme we are doing “watercolour with Ton brand Stamps”. It is that simple…any Ton stamp and any form of watercolour medium, let’s see what you have!
For my Card I used the Department Store Background, and City Girls: Retail Therapy Stamp and Die sets.
- Using my Stamp Platform I inked up the Department Store background with black StazOn ink and stamped onto watercolour cardstock.
- Colour in the Cobblestones and building using ColourTint Pencils, you don’t fully colour them in, just add little bits of colour through the design. Take your watercolour brush and apply water to paint in the image.
- Stamp the city Girls, shipping bags and dog in StazOn and apply Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils, and again, add water to paint in the image. Once these are dry, run through your die cutting machine and set aside.
- Using some Scor Tape on the back of the department store background, adhere to a slightly larger cut piece of card to match the building, add more tape and adhere to a piece of white card.
- Using foam squares attach the City Girls and dog to the front of the card.
- Stamp out your sentiment onto vellum and attach to the top left of the card with foam square and add a couple pieces of black sequins to hide the foam squares from showing through.
Now make sure you head over to Laurie’s Blog and see the beautiful card that she has created!
ColourTint Pencils – Spectrum Noir
AquaBlend Pencils – Spectrum Noir
Department Store Background Stamp – The Ton Stamps
City Girls: Retail Therapy Stamp set – The Ton
City Girls: Retail Therapy Dies – The Ton