So the last #maplesyrupmonday post was a little light spa here is another 🙂
For This card I have chosen the Stamping Bella “Uptown Zodiac Girl Virgo”. I am totally not. into the zodiac at all, but some of these stamps lend themselves very well to other purposes.
Here is a quick tutorial for this card:
- Cut a piece of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth cardstock and stamp your image.
- Colour Using Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers in AP3, AP2 and AP1.
- To make the folds in the dress a made some dark “crease” areas with the AP3 and gradually blended out with AP2 and then AP1.
- Deepen the dark areas with AP3 and the blend all over with AP2 leaving slight highlights of the lightest AP1.
- Using a ColourBlend pencil in “geranium” deepen the shadows on the dress.
- Now don’t look to close at the hair as it was messed up, but I liked the rest of the card, so I went with it, it is also coloured with ColourBlend Pencils.
- In order to protect the image before distressing the background I used masking fluid on her hair as it was super think to cut out on masking paper.
- Stamp out the image in masking paper, don’t worry about the hair as you have the masking fluid, stick on top of your coloured image.
- Using a mini blending tool and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink apply ink onto the background.
- Apply a little Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink to the edges and then some Vintage Photo Distress ink along the edge as well.
- Peel off the masking paper and then use your finger to rub off the masking fluid.
- I used the “Heartfelt Sentiments” stamp set buy Altenew paired with “icing on the Cake” Ink by Catherine Pooler.
- Using a small flower stamp from the “Birds of a Feather” Stamp set by Catherine Pooler stamp randomly around the background using Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink.
Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!
- Uptown Zodiac Girl Virgo – Stamping Bella
- Heartfelt Sentiments Stamp Set – Altenew
- Birds Of A Feather Stamp Set – Catherine Pooler
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers
- Spectrum Noir ColourBlend Pencils
- Distress Oxide Inks in Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick
- Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
- Mini Blending Tool
- Masking Fluid Pen
- Masking Paper
- Icing On The Cake – Catherine Pooler
- Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock