I have had lots of requests to share with people how I made this background (thank you!) so I have a quick tutorial for you to help you make your own! 🙂
- Cut a piece of black pearl cardstock to 15.5cm x 10cm
- Cut a piece of Matt Mirror Silver cardstock to 15cm x 9.5cm
- Cut a piece of water colour cardstock to 14.5cm 9cm
- adhere the mirror cardstock onto the black pearl carsick, and then the black onto a card blank, set aside.
- Generously spare the water colour cardstock with Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray, let dry.
- Using Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Broken China Distress Oxide Inks blend onto the water colour card using your mini ink blending tool.
- Using Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink and your mini blending tool work the ink in from the edges to make the dark par of the sky.
- Spritz on top of the inked card using Nuvo Mica Mist in Silver Smoke, let dry.
- I then touched up a few spots on the sky that I wanted to make more black and more pink.
- The Sentiment is then directly stamped onto the inked card using StazOn Black Ink, I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp twice.
- Add you coloured and cut out stamped image and you’re done!