Hello Everyone! It’s Colleen Tyler from Maple Syrup Designs here with my first blog post for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
This new release from Craftin’ Desert Divas is gorgeous and lots of fun, I can’t tell you a whole lot just yet but I do have a card to share with you that I made using the NEW Sweetest Birthday Stamp Set.
Here is a quick little tutorial of how I made this fun little Birthday Shaker Card:
1) For the first step I cut out a large 4″ Stitched Circle from the Craftin’ Desert Diva’s “Stitched In Circle Die Set”, Then using my Nuvo stencil brush I lightly brushed the entire circle in all directions using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Peony Pink and Coral Calypso.
2) Next I took the 3″ Small Circle die from the Craftin’ Desert Diva’s “Inside Scalloped Circle Die Set”, placed in the center of my 4″ circle and ran it through my die cutting machine, make sure you also keep the little scalloped frame as you will use this also.
3) Using pink and coral sequins I filled a 2″ shaker pouch and covered with a small piece of acetate, using a double sided tape runner adhere the acetate edges to the back of the circle frame, now place the small scalloped frame you set aside in the center of the circle to polish off the look of the circle shaker.
4) Using you large scallop die from the “Stitched In Circle Die Set” (CDD), cut out from a piece of white card stock. You will want to cut the center circle out of the white card as in step 2 so that the shaker pocket fits through, adhere to the back of the shaker circle.
5) Stamp and cut out the stamp with the male and female mice decorating a cake, as well as the two birds holding the banner. Using your favorite colouring medium colour in the stamped images, for this piece I have used Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers and Ultra Smooth Alcohol Marker cardstock. Glue the mice to the bottom of the circle and the birds at the top.
6) Cut out a square of coordinating paper, attach to a card base, add a circle behind the shaker of Nuvo Mousse brushed card and affix the card top to the card base and you are done!
I think this would make a super cute set of cards in a variety of colours! Happy Crafting 🙂
Sweetest Birthday Stamp Set – CDD