Baby, It’s Cold Outside! and a perfect time to “Stay In” and craft! Join our card making class On Saturday, January 11th, 2020 at 1 pm (Atlantic Time) as we create 4 cozy cards with Catherine Pooler’s Baby It’s Cold Out products from the Retro Winter release. In this class you will watercolor, blend to create shading and practice direct to paper inking techniques…even create by stamping with the opposite side of your stamp! The perfectly coordinated patterned paper, stamps, sequins, and inks, showcases Catherine’s commitment to coordination & ease to make any day in the craft room a blast!
The Class Price includes:
Baby, It’s Cold Outside Stamp Set
Baby, It’s Cold Outside Die Set
Feeling Chilly Patterned Paper
CP Premium Cardstock needed for class
Printed Instructions and demonstrations.
*Inkpads will be available to purchase, but there will be a studio set available to use of you do not have your own, (you may wish to pre-order those and any other supplies you may like).
Hello Crafty friends! Colleen Tyler here from Maple Syrup Designs for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
In today’s post I am going to show you how to make extra (not to mention super fun) use of your stencils. For many people when you think of stencils you things of inking through them, but for this project I ran stencil with my card through my Gemini to emboss a sweet background. you can thing distress ink over the embossed are, however, the look I wanted for this card was to leave it all white so that there was a bit more colour pop around it.
1) Layer your stencil in your die cutting machine with the embossing mat for the best result and simply run it through the machine to get the detail embossed onto your card stock. At this point it you wanted to add distress ink to the embossed parts on the cardstock you totally could.
2) Next I layered the embossed background onto a slightly larger piece of green card, and then that on to a 6″x6″ card base using a permanent tape runner.
3) Colour the images using your favorite colouring medium, for me I use Spectrum Noir Markers. Once coloured cut our the images and mount on to the lower right hand corner using foam squares to give you card a little more dimension. Cut out a 2″ green circle and a 1.75″ white circle and adhere together, once this is done simply stamp your sentiment onto the circles and affix to the top left hand corner of the card (*if you get a slight gap in the stamping where the two colours of card meet, simply take a fine point black pen and fill it in).
4) Apply some Nuvo Jewel drops in “Key Lime” in random places on the card and voila, you’ve used your stencil outside of the box!!
I started this card ages ago, and decided I would take a break from Christmas themed cards yesterday and finish it. I love, animal stamps so this set is up there in my favorites and perfect for a little “explorers” birthday!
I coloured this dragon ages ago, and decided it was time to make a card for him. I didn’t have a plan just decided to combine the sweet little dragon with a background I made the other day, some, I love unwinding and just creating as I go like this 😊😊
If you love colouring this Beautiful Bloom stamp set by Crafter’s Companion is the perfect one for you!
For this card I 1) first coloured the flower using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers in HB3, HB2 and HB1, and the leaves with DG4 and DG2 . After that the flower was cut out I added sparkle to the tips of the petals using the Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay pen.
Just thought I would share a few photos with you of some of the NEWLY stocked line of stamps from Craftin’ Desert Divas. They are ADORABLE and super awesome to use for the #thedailymarker30day challenge you will find on Instagram 😊 I will get these cuties into a card to post up here soon…I hope! These have all been coloured using Spectrum Noir Markers overlaid with Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils, both can be found in the shop section of my site.
For this card I used the new Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, which is very easy to work with.
I stamped the Pick Up Truck (dies also available) stamp by Honeybee Stamps onto both a piece of Spectrum Noir card and masking paper and the cut the truck from the masking paper and applied overtop of the truck stamped on the card. Repeat these steps for the pumpkins.
Once this is done you peel off the masking paper and can then colour the truck and pumpkins using Spectrum Noir Markers, and then the Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils to add even more shading and highlight depth.
The card is then mounted onto black card stock and then on top of silver mirror card that has been embossed (Embossing folder coming soon!), all these have then been mounted onto a card blank made from a sturdy white cardstock.
The Vellum sentiment is a new product to be released by Crafter’s Companion and the Dew Drops are by The Ton.
Hope you enjoy this card and feel free to message me with any questions!
Here is another photo of the Glamour Collection from Crafter’s a Companion coming to HSN on July 11, 2017!
– Glamour Luxury Glitter Card – Black
– Glamour Luxury Mirror Card – Matt Pink
– Glamour Decorative Metal Die – Flourishing Frame
– Glamour Decorative Metal Die – Flourishing Corner
– Glamour Decorative Metal Die – Fabulous
– Glamour Decorative Metal Die – Dressed to Impress
-Easel Card Blank
I used to have “New Home” cards in my Etsy shop but they have been out of stock for a long time and I had been wanting to update them so when I saw the “Home Sweet Home” stamps by Jane’s Doodles I knew these were the update my card needed!
they are super sweet and fun and have lots of lovely sentiments to go with he houses, so make sure to check them out!