I have been wanting to use these two Catherine Pooler Stamp Sets since they arrived in my shop, but I had some projects on the go that needed to be finished first, so the moment they were done today I grabbed the Doin’ The Polka Background Stamp and the Grateful Heart Stamp Set. I had totally planned to colour in these flowers but loved the look as it was so I just added a little sparkle instead with my Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay
Cut your piece of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock (or Catherine Pooler Smooth White Cardstock) to measure 4.25″ x 5.5″.
Using your Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (I used the *NEW* travel sized one), position the sentiment and the large floral spray on the card as shown:
Stamp the floral spray into a piece of stamp masking paper, cut out and stick over top of the floral spray that is stamped directly onto the card.
Using the Doin’ The Polka Background Stamp, stamp in versa mark to totally cover the card (Don’t worry your floral spray is protected by the masking paper), sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
Using a mini ink blending tool with Catherine Poole “It’s A Girl” ink start at the top right hand corner and work down on a diagonal. In the lower left hand corner blend up with Catherine Pooler Ink in “Party Dress” and blend the two together.
Cut a piece of black pearl cards that measures 6″ x 4.5″ and cut a decorative edge into the top using a die from the Crafter’s Companion Decorative Edge die.
Attach the Card front to the black Panel using some double sided tape. From here you can either make a card back and attach pr mount this right onto a card blank.
Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks to see more projects that I make with these amazing stamp sets!
Also, it is totally worth noting that by far, Catherine Pooler Inks are indeed the best and most versatile inks that I have EVER used!
So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
1) I applied some Stick It adhesive paper onto a piece of Aqua Card, place the die on top and ran it through my \die cutting machine.
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
Ok, I love this stamp and have been waiting to have time to use it…today was the day!
To make this card I used a white card blank, a piece of water-colour paper cut to 13cm x 13cm. I applied a little bit of blue and green distress ink to a piece of waxed paper, spritzed it with water and sponged on the sky and grass. Once I was happy with the amount of colour I used a heat gun to speed up the drying time.
Using my We R Memory Keepers Precision Press I lined up the Stamping Bella “One of My Peeps” stamp and applied some black Ink. You then colour in the image using the coloured pencils of your choice and then again using the precision press line up the sentiment stamp and dry.
The next step was to dab the clouds on using the white glitter Wink of Stella pen (I like to use a mini pom-pom to do this).
I chose a white glitter card for the frame and then using the We R Memory Keepers Frame Punch Board cut out a 1/4″ frame to go around the water-colour paper, affixing it all using Crafter’s Companion Glue Tape. The finishing touch was to apply Dew Drops by the Ton Stamps (I am obsessed with these).