Here is a quick written tutorial on how to make an oversized Box Card since I have had quite a few requests 🙂
1 – Cut two pieces of heavyweight cardstock to 24cm x 21cm
2 – Laying the card horizontally score top to bottom at 10cm and 20 cm, leaving a 4cm edge
3 – Rotate the card and score the length of the card at 10cm.
4 – At the 10cm, and 20cm score line, cut down to the score line in the middle of the card, repeat on the second piece of card.
5 – Cut off the 10cm x 4 cm take at the edge of each piece of card.
6 – Choose your Paper for the panels and cut four stars that are 9.5cm x 9.5cm
7 – Glue the paper to the 10cm square card panels Using Crafter’s Companion Tape Runner, repeat on both pieces of card.
8 – Fold along the score lines, add glue to the small panel and glue together the two pieces of card.
9 – Cut two bridges out of card stock that are 14cm x 3cm and score at 2cm and 12cm on each.
10 – Fold along the score lines and glue to the inside of the card as pictured.
11 – Choose what you would like to fill the box card and attach acetate strips using Gel Super Glue.
For the Snowflake Card I have used products from Crafter’s Companion that will be launching on HSN on August 15th, The snowflakes are cut using the Sparking Snowflake add on dies (for the Dimensional Dies Bundle), the Paper on the Panels is from the 12″ x 12″ Decorative Christmas Paper Pad, the Glitter card from the Luxury cardstock packs.
Find them at HSN HERE
Follow my Instagram HERE
I am SOOOOO excited about these products because they are AMAZING!!! These are so fun and easy to use, grab these, some watercolour paper and you are set! They work brilliantly with stamps, embossing, sparkle pens, there are just so many techniques!
You can find the 7 sets HERE
These are a few projects that I have made with them, but will add links below for the official Crafter’s Companion Pinterest AquaTint Board for some more inspiration.
These will be shipping to you from Friday, so get them before they go!
Crafter’s Companion AquaTint Pinterest Board HERE
Projects on my Instagram HERE
I have been wanting to use these two Catherine Pooler Stamp Sets since they arrived in my shop, but I had some projects on the go that needed to be finished first, so the moment they were done today I grabbed the Doin’ The Polka Background Stamp and the Grateful Heart Stamp Set. I had totally planned to colour in these flowers but loved the look as it was so I just added a little sparkle instead with my Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay
- Cut your piece of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock (or Catherine Pooler Smooth White Cardstock) to measure 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Using your Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (I used the *NEW* travel sized one), position the sentiment and the large floral spray on the card as shown:
- Stamp the floral spray into a piece of stamp masking paper, cut out and stick over top of the floral spray that is stamped directly onto the card.
- Using the Doin’ The Polka Background Stamp, stamp in versa mark to totally cover the card (Don’t worry your floral spray is protected by the masking paper), sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Using a mini ink blending tool with Catherine Poole “It’s A Girl” ink start at the top right hand corner and work down on a diagonal. In the lower left hand corner blend up with Catherine Pooler Ink in “Party Dress” and blend the two together.
- Cut a piece of black pearl cards that measures 6″ x 4.5″ and cut a decorative edge into the top using a die from the Crafter’s Companion Decorative Edge die.
- Attach the Card front to the black Panel using some double sided tape. From here you can either make a card back and attach pr mount this right onto a card blank.
Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks to see more projects that I make with these amazing stamp sets!
Also, it is totally worth noting that by far, Catherine Pooler Inks are indeed the best and most versatile inks that I have EVER used!
I had a lot of fun making this card! It totally evolved and ended up nothing like I had originally planned (which is a common occurrence for me!)
I have been waiting for a while to use the Pattern Play – Circle Stamp Set from Altenew, and it was well worth the wait!
1 – I inked up the Stamp in Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink, and stamped it onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock.
2 – using versamark ink and different colours of embossing powder I stamped down solid circles in a random pattern and then heat set.
3 – I adhered the circle background onto silver glitter card using Be Creative tape, and then stuck that onto a fancy card blank.
4 – The cat is from MFT Furever Friends Stamp Set and coloured using Spectrum Noir Markers, stick this onto a circle cut from gold glitter card stock and adhere to the bottom left of the circle backdrop using foam squares.
5 – Stamp the sentiment using Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink and adhere with foam squares.
6 – The final step is to Stamp the paw prints in the unicorn ink around the edge.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick little post!
– Pattern Play Circle Stamp Set by Altenew
– Furever Friends Stamp Set by MFT
– Fancy Card Blanks
– Embossing powder in Gold, Rose Gold, Silver and White
– Silver and Gold Glitter Cardstock
– Hero Hues Unicorn Pigment Ink
– Be Creative Tape
– Midnight Ink Pad by Catherine Pooler
– Stamp Platform by Tim Holtz
Hello Crafty Friends!
It is American Thanksgiving this weekend and Crafter’s Companion is having lots of giveaway’s including these lovely digital stamps (just click on the link) http://a.pgtb.me/2WsFmw
On my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MapleSyrupDesigns/ you will have an opportunity to win a $10.00 Gift Certificate for the Crafter’s Companion website (perk of being on the Design Team), AND, check out the following Design Team members blogs to have even more chances to win!!
Have a great Week and Weekend!
If you love colouring this Beautiful Bloom stamp set by Crafter’s Companion is the perfect one for you!
For this card I 1) first coloured the flower using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers in HB3, HB2 and HB1, and the leaves with DG4 and DG2 . After that the flower was cut out I added sparkle to the tips of the petals using the Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay pen.
2) Cut out a piece of black cardstock to 5″x5″ and used the using the Freestyle Stripes Background Stamp from The Ton, stamp onto the black card using VersaMark Ink, and silver embossing powder and the heat set with your heat gun.
3) Cut a piece of black Organza ribbon and attach to the center of the card, using foam squares then adhere the flower over top of the center of the ribbon then add black gems as you choose.
4) Cut a piece of black cardstock to 5.5″x5.5″ and affix the striped card to the black background using a double sided tape (my preference is always Crafter’s Companion double sided tape pen).
5) For the main card base cut a piece of black cardstock to 12″x6″, score at 3″ and 6″, fold at the 6″ score line,
6) then fold back the next score line.
7) Attach the Front card panel to the folded back flap .25″ in from all of the edges.
8) Cut a square of white paper 5″x5″, stamp a border on at and affix in the center of the inside panel of the card. 🙂
So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
1) I applied some Stick It adhesive paper onto a piece of Aqua Card, place the die on top and ran it through my \die cutting machine.
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
I just had to make a card to show you how AMAZING these Create-A-Card dies are by Crafter’s Companion…
This particular Die set is called “Shine Bright” and depending on what paper you use can be versatile and not just for Christmas.
I have the range of these Dies currently on SALE, so make sure to add them to your card and make some beautiful stand out cards this year! 😊
So today was super fun! My goody box from Crafter’s Companion arrived with some of the AMAZING products that will be coming to HSN on August 16.
So far I have just played with the two new foiling kits, “Contemporary” and “Traditional” Christmas and made a couple of cards.
Here are a couple of photos for you😊