I recently had a parcel of lovely “Happy Mail” from Crafter’s Companion with awesome new products to create with as part of their US Design Team (super fun!!)
On May 9th Crafter’s Companion will be on HSN with LOTS of amazing new products. The Today Special is a set of Dies that make a beautiful Circle pop out card. I received the set of the Circle Decorative Sentiment Dies that is an addition you can buy to go with the build a card set, so I decided to make something with those.
As you are probably gathering from my posts, I love sparkle, so I decided gold glitter card was where I would start.
1) I matched up the circle Sentiment size with one of the Double Stitched Circle Dies from The Ton Stamps, and cut out the circle.
2) I then placed the sentiment circle onto the cut out circle and ran that through my die cutting machine, next, weed out the bits from the die and set aside.
3) Use the next size up circle die and cut out a pale pink circle, take the next size up again and cut out a black circle. These dies leave a lovely stitched edge when they cut.
4) I then used a pair of fringe scissors to make a small fringe all around the outside edge of the black circle and adhered the pale pink circle on to the centre of the black fringed circle.
5) Adhere the gold Sentiment to the centre of the pink circle (I find Loctite gel super glue to work well at quickly setting the smooth backing of glitter card to the regular cardstock, as some regular crafting glues even if permanent can still not hold these two surfaces together when dry).
6) Cut out a 5.5″ square piece of background paper and stick to a 5.75″ square card blank (or and square size accordingly adjusted). Then using foam squares adhere your circle to the centre of the card, and voila, a quick and elegant card.