We have just had an order in with LOTS of new WOW! Embossing Powders including colours designed by Catherine Pooler herself 🙂 They are beautiful!
Shop WOW! Embossing Powders HERE
NEW Ink Road Stamp
Shop Ink Road Stamps HERE
Tomorrow morning (Dec 12th) at 9am AT 3 fabulous NEW Bundles from Catherine Pooler will launch. Maple Syrup Designs will have these on SALE for a limited time!
Make sure to pick yours up and if you still have some Christmas shopping to do, these will also make fabulous gifts!
I had a lot of fun making this card! It totally evolved and ended up nothing like I had originally planned (which is a common occurrence for me!)
I have been waiting for a while to use the Pattern Play – Circle Stamp Set from Altenew, and it was well worth the wait!
1 – I inked up the Stamp in Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink, and stamped it onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock.
2 – using versamark ink and different colours of embossing powder I stamped down solid circles in a random pattern and then heat set.
3 – I adhered the circle background onto silver glitter card using Be Creative tape, and then stuck that onto a fancy card blank.
4 – The cat is from MFT Furever Friends Stamp Set and coloured using Spectrum Noir Markers, stick this onto a circle cut from gold glitter card stock and adhere to the bottom left of the circle backdrop using foam squares.
5 – Stamp the sentiment using Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink and adhere with foam squares.
6 – The final step is to Stamp the paw prints in the unicorn ink around the edge.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick little post!
Hello Crafty friends! Colleen Tyler here from Maple Syrup Designs for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
In today’s post I am going to show you how to make extra (not to mention super fun) use of your stencils. For many people when you think of stencils you things of inking through them, but for this project I ran stencil with my card through my Gemini to emboss a sweet background. you can thing distress ink over the embossed are, however, the look I wanted for this card was to leave it all white so that there was a bit more colour pop around it.
1) Layer your stencil in your die cutting machine with the embossing mat for the best result and simply run it through the machine to get the detail embossed onto your card stock. At this point it you wanted to add distress ink to the embossed parts on the cardstock you totally could.
2) Next I layered the embossed background onto a slightly larger piece of green card, and then that on to a 6″x6″ card base using a permanent tape runner.
3) Colour the images using your favorite colouring medium, for me I use Spectrum Noir Markers. Once coloured cut our the images and mount on to the lower right hand corner using foam squares to give you card a little more dimension. Cut out a 2″ green circle and a 1.75″ white circle and adhere together, once this is done simply stamp your sentiment onto the circles and affix to the top left hand corner of the card (*if you get a slight gap in the stamping where the two colours of card meet, simply take a fine point black pen and fill it in).
4) Apply some Nuvo Jewel drops in “Key Lime” in random places on the card and voila, you’ve used your stencil outside of the box!!
So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
**All prices in Canadian Dollars** Dismiss