So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
- Striped Leaf Cover Die – Altenew
- Robin’s Egg Cardstock – Bazzill
- Stick It Adhesive Paper
- Permanent Tape Runner – Crafter’s Companion
- Gold Luxury Card Pack – Crafter’s Companion
- Thank You Dies – Honey Bee Stamps (co ordinating stamps here)
- Rose Gold Embossing Powder – The Ton
- Gold Enchantment, Silver and Clear Embossing Powder – Nuvo
- White Embossing Powder – Ranger
- Dew Drops – The Ton
- Card Blanks