Are you joining in #thedailymarker30day challenge hosted by Kathy Rac on Instagram?? I am, all you need to do is a pic on Instagram everyday during the month of your colouring and use the hashtag above (I missed one day so far) but here are the posts I have done so far and the supply list for each.
Hello Everyone! It’s Colleen Tyler from Maple Syrup Designs here with my first blog post for Craftin’ Desert Divas!
This new release from Craftin’ Desert Divas is gorgeous and lots of fun, I can’t tell you a whole lot just yet but I do have a card to share with you that I made using the NEW Sweetest Birthday Stamp Set.
Here is a quick little tutorial of how I made this fun little Birthday Shaker Card:
1) For the first step I cut out a large 4″ Stitched Circle from the Craftin’ Desert Diva’s “Stitched In Circle Die Set”, Then using my Nuvo stencil brush I lightly brushed the entire circle in all directions using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Peony Pink and Coral Calypso.
2) Next I took the 3″ Small Circle die from the Craftin’ Desert Diva’s “Inside Scalloped Circle Die Set”, placed in the center of my 4″ circle and ran it through my die cutting machine, make sure you also keep the little scalloped frame as you will use this also.
3) Using pink and coral sequins I filled a 2″ shaker pouch and covered with a small piece of acetate, using a double sided tape runner adhere the acetate edges to the back of the circle frame, now place the small scalloped frame you set aside in the center of the circle to polish off the look of the circle shaker.
4) Using you large scallop die from the “Stitched In Circle Die Set” (CDD), cut out from a piece of white card stock. You will want to cut the center circle out of the white card as in step 2 so that the shaker pocket fits through, adhere to the back of the shaker circle.
5) Stamp and cut out the stamp with the male and female mice decorating a cake, as well as the two birds holding the banner. Using your favorite colouring medium colour in the stamped images, for this piece I have used Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers and Ultra Smooth Alcohol Marker cardstock. Glue the mice to the bottom of the circle and the birds at the top.
6) Cut out a square of coordinating paper, attach to a card base, add a circle behind the shaker of Nuvo Mousse brushed card and affix the card top to the card base and you are done!
I think this would make a super cute set of cards in a variety of colours! Happy Crafting 🙂
So, I was totally inspired by a card on the Altenew website made by Jennifer McGuire, for the Striped Leaf Cover Die. I put my own spin on this card and will list below the steps to make my version of the card, including supplies.
This die can be used in SO many different ways and highly recommend having a browse on Pinterest. In my opinion this is an item that every paper crafter should included in their supplies and stash as you will be able to use it for so many projects!
1) I applied some Stick It adhesive paper onto a piece of Aqua Card, place the die on top and ran it through my \die cutting machine.
2) Use your weeding tool and gently peel up the adhesive backing paper on the leaves you wish to emboss first, apply the Rose Gold embossing powder and gently heat emboss.
3) Repeat these steps using, white, silver and gold embossing powder.
4) Alter all of the leaves have been embossed removing all the remaining backing paper and totally cover with clear embossing powder, heat.
5) Next, I trimmed down the card and affixed it to a matte gold background, and then finally onto a white card blank trimmed to fit.
6) For the sentiment I chose the Thank You die set by Honey bee stamps and again, layered the same matte gold card onto plain white and affixed to the base using foam squares.
7) For the final touch I embellished the card with another favorite product of mine, Dew Drops from The Ton Stamps. I always find the gel super glue the best for adhering plastic to paper.
Hope you have enjoyed, your shopping list will be below!
A friend introduced me to this incredible line of Stamps, Dies, Inks and more! They are amazing, awesome quality and take your card making to the next level with their couture designs and layering stamps.
Maple Syrup Designs is the only Canadian retailer where these items can be purchased and I am thrilled to share them with you!
Over the next few weeks and months will feature more of The Ton products to share their supplies and ideas with you.