Hello everyone, it’s Colleen from Maple Syrup Designs here for Craftin’ Desert Divas! Today I am going to be showing you how to use Nuvo Embellishment Mousse with your stencils.
There are so many different techniques you can do with Nuvo Mousse, and I will show you more in the future, but for today’s card I used a very simple technique that anyone will be able to do. This can be done with any stencil, but I am using Craftin’ Desert Divas Cloudy Sky Stencil.
- Place your stencil in the corner of a piece of smooth white cardstock (my preference is Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth), tape down with some washi tape.
- Choose the colours of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse you would like and start by simply dipping your finger in the pot and applying in circular motions. For this Card I used: Lilac Lavender, Aquamarine, Cornflower Blue, Custard Cream, Coral Calypso and Peony Pink.
- Apply these in whatever pattern you like totally filling in the stencil.
- Remove the stencil.
- In all the white borders apply glue from a deco foil glue pen and sprinkle with Frosting powder, heat set with your heat gun.
- Trim the card down to a 5.25″ square.
- Take a piece of white glitter card and cut to 5.5″ square, then using a Frame Punch Board, cut out a 1/2″ frame.
- Using double sided tape attach the frame to the front of the cloud panel.
- Attach this whole panel onto a 6″ square card blank, set aside.
- Using the Craftin’ Desert Diva’s Sparkle stamp set cut out the following stamps and colour using your favourite medium (I use Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers).
- Cut out the word “Happy” using the Craftin’ Desert Diva’s Happy Die using aqua and white card.
- Affix the sentiment and two unicorns to the card and you are done and have one bright and happy card suitable for many occasions.
Happy Die – Craftin’ Desert Divas
Sparkle Stamp Set – Craftin’ Desert Divas
Cloudy Sky Stencil – Craftin’ Desert Divas
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse – Tonic Studios
Illustrator Markers – Spectrum Noir
Ultra Smooth Cardstock – Spectrum Noir